Nowadays of the Absinthe revival it is possible to buy Absinthe online and it is legal, in many countries, to drink Absinthe in bars.Absinthe is an alcoholic drink that is about two times as strong as other spirits like whisky and vodka. It has an anise flavor and is also produced from herbs such as wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Absinthe was notoriously forbidden in lots of countries in the 1900s, even though it was never banned in the UK, Spain, Portugal or even the Czech Republic. The thujone in wormwood was believed to be comparable to THC in cannabis and to cause psychedelic effects, this has now been disproved.
There are numerous modern classic style Absinthes – brands that are re-creations of vintage and traditional Absinthes. Price varies based on the brand and the site you order from – shop around for the best price and to find Absinthe sales, offers and specials.
Here’s a listing of some great classic brands:-
– The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux – These Absinthes are manufactured at the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Ted Breaux tested and analyzed antique bottles of unique Absinthe and utilized what he learned all about the ingredients and quantities to build up this distinctive line of Absinthes. His Absinthes, that happen to be distilled in old 19th century alambics, include a classic Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a Swiss type Absinthe, a La Bleue style absinthe, and Edouard Pernod type Absinthe, a new Orleans inspired Absinthe and his “Lucid” brand which became the first legal Absinthe in the USA.
– Absinthe Clandestine – This Absinthe is manufactured by Claude-Alain Bugnon, ex- Absinthe bootlegger. This Absinthe is a La Bleue clear Absinthe manufactured in Bugnon’s distilleries in Couvet, Switzerland. Bugnon uses standard herbs, just like wormwood and anise, in his Absinthe recipes coupled with Alpine herbs.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This La Bleue is also distilled in Couvet by Guadentia Persoz and her husband. They discovered a 1898 recipe and old alambic in their home when they transferred in and therefore are now using this recipe, which includes 12 herbs, to generate this popular Swiss Absinthe.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – An Absinthe distilled in Pontarlier, France, the town where Pernod manufactured his first Absinthes. This Absinthe uses traditional distilling methods in 19th century alambics but features a modern twist to make a different tasting Absinthe for the modern day Absinthe drinker.
Buy Absinthe Essences
The brands stated earlier are all great brands of Absinthe created using knowledge from the past, but you may want to try your hand at producing your own personal bottle of the Green Fairy.
Absinthe essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are a very inexpensive way to make top-quality Absinthe at a great price. A 280ml bottle of Absinthe essence could make 14 bottles of actual wormwood Absinthe! The 280ml bottles are available in a kit with bottle labels along with a measure to measure out the essence.
You will find 4 forms of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics essence – This essence constitutes a classic style green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for those who like Swiss La Bleue clear styles of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This consists of real orange oil and makes a yellow-orange colored and orange flavoured Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – The additional three essences consist of 35mg of thujone, the substance in the herb wormwood, but this essence constitutes a stronger 55mg Asbinthe liquor using a strong bitter wormwood taste. Great for people who appreciate the flavor of wormwood.
All of these essences are available on sale at the store of AbsintheKit.com. And buying is a breeze.
To make use of the essences, simply mix with a neutral alcohol base just like Everclear or vodka, put sugar of you similar to a smoother Absinthe, and there it is – your personal Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com likewise sell replica Absinthe glasses and spoons like a Pontarlier style glass as well as an Eiffel Tower spoon. The perfect gift for an Absinthe lover.